Charles was so cute. Everyone thinks that about their child. Charles is on the right. Charming, effervescent and full of bubble and fun. We never went anywhere his life that the whole room did not react to him like moths to a flame.
He had “it” and now he’s gone, a tragic suicide as the result of depression and addiction. And you know the worst part? He was ashamed of his illnesses. I think part of that is why he killed himself. It’s time we stop shaming people. Who’s in?
Mark Edmund Moore made this for his mother on Mother’s Day. It represents love for his mother. And love for chocolate. Mark was born January 10, 1991 and died April 28, 2013 from bacterial endocarditis which is an infection causing congestive heart failure.
Mark had been in recovery for 9 months from a heroin addiction. Those with a substance abuse disorder or recovering from one don’t always die from overdose. It can be hepatitis from needles, accidents, suicide and more. The illness can put them at risk for a multitude of other illnesses later on.
Charles was all heart and This is part of a card sent to Charles by his beloved theatre group in his sophomore year (I think) in high school and Mrs. Fretwell, his favorite teacher ever. Charles had cracked his skull, supposedly on a skateboard accident. But later we found out he’d cracked his skull “car surfing.”In his sophomore year, Charles was engaging in riskier and riskier behavior which is, by the way, a sign of suicide and depression.–that cavalier attitude about life being a red flag.
This accident in the hospital was the first time Charles took opiates. We had been