Head shots – This is a Google Folder with both high res and low res images from which to choose depending on the application, print or web
Anne Moss Rogers is an emotionally naked® public speaker, TEDx storyteller, certified suicide prevention trainer, NAMI Virginia board member, and the award-winning author of Diary of a Broken Mind. After her 20-year-old son, Charles died by suicide on June 5, 2015, Anne Moss chronicled her family’s tragedy in a newspaper article that went viral, and her blog, Emotionally Naked, has reached millions. Her second book, Emotionally Naked: A Teacher’s Guide to Preventing Suicide and Recognizing Students at Risk, publised on August 24, 2021, through Wiley Publishing.
She has been featured in the New York Times and was the first suicide loss survivor ever invited to speak to at the National Institute of Mental Health. A UNC-Chapel Hill alumna, Anne Moss currently lives in Richmond, VA with her husband. Her surviving son, Richard, is a filmmaker in LA.
Emotionally Naked Logos (png-jpg)– This is a Google Folder with both high res and low res logos from which to choose depending on the application, print or web
Hyperlinks (txt file) -Social media links, website links in easy to copy format
Current Certifications and Training
- Registered safeTALK trainer for LivingWorks- #n42749 (certified prevention trainer)
- ASIST Training– Applied Suicide Intervention- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a 2-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid
- Youth Mental Health First Aid – Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches you how to help someone who may be experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge. The training helps you identify, understand and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
- Preventure– A personality-targeted life skills training for youth that has been shown to reduce drug and alcohol use in schools by up to 80% at 4-year follow up. There are very few trained on this intervention in the US.
- DBT Steps-A in Schools- SEL curriculum based on DBT ad mindfulness
- SOP Peer Trained – I am a volunteer for American foundation of Suicide Prevention to reach out through their Survivor Outreach Program to speak to those who need emotional connection and support
- REVIVE! Training– Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Education on how to recognize and respond to an opioid overdose emergency with the administration of naloxone (Narcan®)
- Trauma-Informed Care Basics
- SAFEtalk suicide prevention training
- Certified Interesting Person
- I follow reporting guidelines on suicide
- SAFE Heroin Task Force
- NAMI Virginia board member (mental health)
- 2 End the Stigma board member (addiction)
- Past President and Executive Director, Beacon Tree Foundation (youth mental health)
- Chesterfield County Suicide Prevention Coalition
- TICN: Trauma-Informed Care Network (ACEs)-Schools Committee
- Volunteer at the VA chapter of American Foundation of Suicide Prevention for Healing Conversations (Suicide Outreach Program)
- NSA USA and Virginia Chapter – Certified National Speakers Association
- JRW- James River Writers