This page has addiction support resources. Many of these are located in Virginia area since I live in Richmond.
- Virginia Center for Addiction Medicine (VCAM)– Comprehensive care from detox to recovery for those that suffer addiction. Located in Richmond, VA. Reasonably priced
- Collegiate Recovery Program at VCU – Rams in Recovery
- Find help in Virginia by zip code, Sink or Swim
- Resource Guide for Parents/Relatives of Addicted – Written by Tom Bannard, a recovery expert
- Guide to setting boundaries from Families Anonymous
- How to talk to a person with addiction from Families Anonymous
- The Addict’s Mom – Sharing Without Shame, National
- Colleges with Collegiate Recovery Programs
Support & Education Groups
There are several support groups in the area and many of the treatment centers have their own support groups. Here are just a few those suffering from the addiction of a loved one
- Families Anonymous Central Virginia – Support group for families w/ children addicted or abusing drugs/alcohol
- Families Anonymous – Support group for families w/ children addicted or abusing drugs/alcohol
- Family Education Program – Richmond VA at Northstar Community
VA Area Nonprofits for Addiction
- Chesterfield SAFE – Preventing and reducing substance abuse in Chesterfield County
- The Healing Place (Part of Caritas) – Addiction treatment for men 18+ (no cost)
- McShinn Foundation – Peer to peer addiction recovery and recovery high school through Henrico County
- Virginia Recovery Foundation – The VRF is supporting several projects, one of which is a program called the RVA Recovery Project. Anyone suffering from addiction who ODs and asks for help, will be referred to services
- Northstar Community – Addiction, abuse, trauma, mental illness resources and support
- COBE – Research, addiction and recovery communities in college (VCU Podcast)
- JHW Foundation – Collegiate Addiction Recovery
- Rams in Recovery – Collegiate Recovery & Support for those in recovery
- Is tough love the right way to treat an addict?
- Ask your oral surgeon to stop prescribing oxycodone for teen wisdom teeth removal
- Addiction: The broken reward system
- Addiction: What is rock bottom?
- Dear Heroin, I F-ing HATE you!
- Is your child or spouse using? Signs of drug use
- Download the “Signs of Drug Use”
- Resources and actions to take for families with an addicted loved one