This is the memory page for Charles Aubrey Rogers who died by suicide June 5, 2015. Enormously popular and the funniest person I ever knew, Charles touched the lives of thousands.
He was a creative genius who loved crazy hats and crazy socks, people, acting, and writing rap music. He was a talented and prolific writer with the ability to freestyle on the spot. He left notebooks of his music around which I wrote our family’s story which helped me understand the “why” behind suicide and addiction.
He suffered from ADHD, a rare sleep disorder called DSPS for most of his life as well as depression, anxiety and a heroin addiction towards the end of his life. He died by suicide June 5, 2015 and it was a hanging.
He had a sixth sense about people who were hurting. And he’d always reach out to the hurting, the underdog, the rejected. As funny and as talented as Charles was, his greatest gift was letting others know they mattered. That is something each of us can do today, starting right now.
- Charles’ YouTube
- Videos about Charles from his friends at his Memorial Service
- Charles’ website
- Charles’ SoundCloud
- I kissed a squirrel on YouTube – His was the original that spawned copycat videos
- Timeboy1408– Charles’ YouTube in middle school – Love Ty Pennysickle Stunt Co-ordinator
- Happy by Charles Aubrey Rogers
- Charles’ lyrics on this site
- Charles Always Reached Out– Blog post about who he was
How we felt about hearing the news – The Final 48 Hours