Not long ago, I was interviewed by Michael Wilson for an article for the New York Times. He was investigating the Family Foundation School, the therapeutic boarding school where Charles attended in 2012. A teacher in New York had died from overdose in the bathroom who had attended the school which left bread crumbs back to the Family School.
In 2015, Charles was one of three deaths of alumni from the school that happened consecutively. Liz was first on May 31, 2015 and hers was an overdose. Followed by Charles which was a suicide on June 5, 2015 and then … Read more...
by Vasiliki Canotas
Dear Anne Moss,
I read your Woulda Shoulda Coulda article a couple of years ago because I remember Charles. My son Thomas McCue attended Family School and told us about Charles’ death.
I was so sad for him and for you.
But I am even sadder today for his and your loss because of ours: we lost Thomas to a heroin overdose on December 9, 2017.
Only now do I understand your grief.
Tom was 23 and living in a sober house in St Paul, MN. He had made a lot of progress with both his … Read more...
Blake would send me the these notes about Charles and would often comment on my posts. When you read these you’ll understand what a truly thoughtful and supportive friend he was. He was as genuine as they come. I am so sorry this opiate epidemic has taken another sweet soul.
Steven and Rowan, friends of Charles’ and Blake’s, came through Richmond on their way to the funeral. I have so many messages from Blake. Some I don’t feel I can share because they were so personal about him. What a sweet young man. I’m broken hearted he is gone. He … Read more...