Why Anne Moss Rogers?
I am restarting as a speaker since my son’s death by suicide, having given hundreds of marketing presentations in my former life as a digital marketing expert. I should have better videos, prettier pictures, more glamorous venues and a fancier website. I have what I have which is passion and a sense of purpose for change as it relates to mental illness and addiction.
And I have my story. A story about my son Charles who died by suicide, real world examples shared with me by others and a blog that has literally changed lives and inspired people not to kill themselves and reach out for help.
Every talk or story has a message of inspiration and hope. Upcoming events.
Anne Moss Short Resume
Graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill with a BA in Journalism with a concentration in advertising. I started my career at the Martin Agency as a copywriter. I’m a content marketing and social media expert, a former co-owner and Creative Director of a digital marketing firm that I sold in January 2017.
Married, mother of two boys. One son, Richard, is living his dream as a filmmaker in Los Angeles. And the late Charles Aubrey Rogers, an up-and-coming rap artist who suffered from depression and addiction and died by suicide June 5, 2015.
Mental Illness Topics
This includes topics on suicide, addiction and grief. Prior to my son’s death, most of my topics related to marketing. I’ve been speaking more frequently on mental illness since March 2016.
- Turning Pain into Purpose – Finding hope after the most devastating loss of my life
- Why aren’t we screening for suicide? The ASQ Screening tool for youth suicide prevention (This presentation is one I do with Dr. Lisa Horowitz of NIMH)
- Preventure. An innovative solution to preventing teen substance abuse
- Talk Saves Lives. American Foundation of Suicide Prevention (this is free locally through AFSP)
- Custom presentation pertaining to grief from losing a child, suicide, addiction, mental illness to audiences including conferences, healthcare providers, political groups, community and civic groups, teens, parents, churches and places of worship, ethnic groups, LGBTQ community, women’s groups, men’s groups, chambers of commerce and more
As a former co-owner of a digital marketing firm, I have turned content marketing strategies into unorthodox methods of reaching others to save lives. Because of this blog, I have data and stories no one else has. It’s bold, different, eye-opening, memorable and like nothing you’ve ever seen before. That I can promise. Or your money back.
- Unconventional Content Marketing– Preventing suicide with inbound marketing
- Personal Branding – Simple steps to finding your personal brand
- Women Supporting Women in Business and in Social Media (video below)
- Marketing with a Heart –How to Grow your Business with Cause Marketing
- Custom presentation related to content and social media marketing
- I have written for national marketing publications and spoken at conferences on subjects of marketing
Speaking Venues & Events
Heroes Among Us, Greg McQuade WTVR Channel 6
Copyright WTVR, Channel 6. Original video is here. This is Greg McQuade’s award-winning brainchild and in this episode he dedicated 4:40 minutes to this topic. It’s typically 2:20 minutes. In air time, that is pure gold. I am so grateful that many who worked on this piece donated money to Beacon Tree.
Women Supporting Women in Business and in Social Media
Talk20 at Coalition Theatre
International Suicide Loss Day, 2016
James River Campus Walk with American Foundation of Suicide Prevention
Q & A with Fab Women
personal brand speaker, mental health speaker, suicide prevention speaker