Date(s) - Thu, 08/06/2020
4:00 pm-5:00 pm EDT
This virtual presentation is for members of the Indiana Funeral Directors Association. It will be presented on the GoToMeeting Webinar platform. It is open to funeral directors who are members and nonmembers.
Speaking of Suicide: What to say to families who’ve suffered a loss by suicide
A loss by suicide is like no other, and the grief can be especially traumatic. Given that many of these families feel intense shame and the uncomfortable nature of suicide, directors are often unsure of the right thing to do or say. This workshop offers guidance on supporting families who have suffered a loss by suicide and includes downloads and handouts for your association members.
- What to say or not say
- How to support families who’ve suffered loss by suicide
- Spotting the bereaved who are at risk of suicide
- Making sure the staff gets support
- Understanding the mental health strain of COVID and its connection to suicide
Attendees can ask Anne Moss any question in a safe, non-judgmental, and supportive environment.
- My eBook- The Emotionally Naked Funeral Director: What to Say to People Who’ve Lost Someone to Suicide (https://funeraldirectors.gr8.com/)
- This 19-page guide has scripts, and resources