THIS IS NOW WAITLISTED
Waitlist is here. And do sign up for it because there are always cancellations.
Anne Moss Rogers will be the trainer and this 4-hour (half day) safeTALK by Living Works Education is hosted by Emotionally Naked LLC and paid for by the nonprofit, Runway 2 Life.
Community Support Representative is Alicia Amsler, founder of Runway 2 Life
CEUs are available for clinicians.
Who? Anyone 15 and up may attend this training.
How much? There will be no cost for this training thanks to the generous donors to the nonprofit Runway 2 Life
Where? It will be held at Kraus Auditorium at Chippenham Hospital.
- Parking is free in the Chippenham parking deck off Jahnke Road.
- Come in through the front entrance or the entrance next to the ER.
- Elevators are near the information desk. Take those elevators to the second floor and follow the signs.
- We are in Kraus Auditorium, second floor, and it’s not far from the elevators.
If you register, please make sure you show up or give 48 hour notice. Materials are purchased for each registration and there is a limit of 30 participants per class. You can contact me here if you are not going to make it.
SafeTALK is a half-day (4-hour) training program that teaches participants to recognize and engage persons who might be having thoughts of suicide and connect them with community resources trained in suicide intervention. SafeTALK stresses safety while challenging taboos that inhibit open talk about suicide. An ASIST-trained resource or other community support resource will be at this training. The ‘safe’ of safeTALK stands for ‘suicide alertness for everyone’. The ‘TALK’ letters stand for the practice actions that one does to help those with thoughts of suicide: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe.
After training, participants in the safeTALK program should be able to:
- Challenge attitudes that inhibit open talk about suicide.
- Recognize a person who might be having thoughts of suicide.
- Engage them in direct and open talk about suicide.
- Listen to the person’s feelings about suicide to show that they are taken seriously.
- Move quickly to connect them with someone trained in suicide intervention
Trouble registering? Copy what’s below, paste in a contact form and I’ll get you registered. Contact Form
Number of people being registered:
Name (first and last):
This event is fully booked.
2 thoughts on “TRAINING: safeTALK Training”
How do I register?
Allison’s Reach Foundation, Inc.
It is full, Dave but you’d be top of the waiting list. I will add you to that list. It filled up really fast.