Anne Moss Rogers will be the trainer and this 3.5-4-hour (half-day) safeTALK by Living Works Education, hosted by Emotionally Naked LLC and paid for by the nonprofit, Runway 2 Life.
Community Support Representative is Alicia Amsler, founder of Runway 2 Life
Who? Anyone 15 and up may attend this training.
How much? $15 (Affordable because of Runway 2 Life)
Where? It will be held at Kraus Auditorium at Chippenham Hospital. (2nd floor)
- Parking is free in the Chippenham parking deck off Jahnke Road.
- Come in through the front entrance or the entrance next to the ER. (right off the parking deck)
- Elevators are near the information desk. Take those elevators to the second floor and follow the signs.
- We are in Kraus Auditorium, second floor, and it’s not far from the elevators.
- Listing on the LivingWorks website
SafeTALK is a half-day (4-hour) training program that teaches participants to recognize and engage persons who might be having thoughts of suicide and connect them with community resources trained in suicide intervention. SafeTALK stresses safety while challenging taboos that inhibit open talk about suicide. An ASIST-trained resource or other community support resource will be at this training. The ‘safe’ of safeTALK stands for ‘suicide alertness for everyone’. The ‘TALK’ letters stand for the practice actions that one does to help those with thoughts of suicide: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe.
After training, participants in the safeTALK program should be able to:
- Challenge attitudes that inhibit open talk about suicide.
- Recognize a person who might be having thoughts of suicide.
- Engage them in direct and open talk about suicide.
- Listen to the person’s feelings about suicide to show that they are taken seriously.
- Move quickly to connect them with someone trained in suicide intervention
Bookings are closed for this event.