Date(s) - Fri, 02/28/2020
9:30 am-2:00 pm EST
1405 W Main St, Richmond, VA, 23220
Anne Moss Rogers will be the trainer for this 4-hour (half day) safeTALK by Living Works Education. It will be hosted by Richmond Wellness Center and Emotionally Naked LLC and paid for by the nonprofit, Runway 2 Life.
COST: Registration is $20 and includes lunch
HOSTED BY: Richmond Wellness, a beautiful space!
FOR WHOM: This training is geared towards LCSWs, MSWs, LPCs, LPNs and others who work with in healthcare, and mental healthcare (including addiction specialists and peer-to-peer counselors)
SPONSORED BY: Runway2Life
Community Support Representative: Coming Soon
- Parking is free. Back, on a lot adjacent and on street.
- Come in through the front entrance
If you register, please make sure you show up or give 48 hour notice. Materials are purchased for each registration and there is a limit of 30 participants per class. You can contact me here if you are not going to make it.
SafeTALK is a half-day (4-hour) training program that teaches participants to recognize and engage persons who might be having thoughts of suicide and connect them with community resources trained in suicide intervention. SafeTALK stresses safety while challenging taboos that inhibit open talk about suicide. An ASIST-trained resource or other community support resource will be at this training. The ‘safe’ of safeTALK stands for ‘suicide alertness for everyone’. The ‘TALK’ letters stand for the practice actions that one does to help those with thoughts of suicide: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe.
After training, participants in the safeTALK program should be able to:
- Challenge attitudes that inhibit open talk about suicide.
- Recognize a person who might be having thoughts of suicide.
- Engage them in direct and open talk about suicide.
- Listen to the person’s feelings about suicide to show that they are taken seriously.
- Move quickly to connect them with someone trained in suicide intervention