How to talk to someone who is contemplating suicide:
1 Ask if you can talk to them in private
2. Ask open-ended questions:
- You have not seemed like yourself lately?
- Anything bothering you?
- How are you doing?
- Is everything OK?
3. Listen to their story
4. Have you thought about hurting yourself or ending your life?
5. Encourage them to seek mental health services/treatment
6. Remind them it takes courage to do this but it’s the smart thing to do
See this on Facebook (has all the comments)
- Recovery from mental illness is ongoing and not always perfect
- Medication is a customized process that will take
How can you prevent your child or loved one from becoming addicted?
Please, please share this blog post.
Left: Anne Moss Rogers, annemoss.com, Right: Chris Baker, addict in recovery. Facebook LIVE: What can we do to stop the faucet of prescription meds in our communities? Watch it on Facebook.
You can listen in the car on the way to work with your smartphone, you
We had a good discussion last night. Xfinity was out in our neighborhood and lack of wifi had me scrambling. Some weren?t quite sure how to activate the sound. But we worked through that and lots of good info on the thread. Apparently you have to double click the video for sound and sometimes