The nonprofit, Zero Suicide is creating a series of helpful videos and wants to interview parents whose child has made a serious suicide attempt for a video to share with other parents who have a child recently discharged after a suicide attempt. It is meant to be informative for parents in this position in terms of supporting the myriad of feelings that they are experiencing.
This video will be shared with parents of youth under 18 years old whose child has just been discharged from a hospital or ER.
We have enough suicide loss survivors and need parents of children and families who survived the experience.
We are looking for a parent:
- Whose child is under 18, or was under 18 at the time of their suicide attempt
- Parents whose child survived the attempt (we already have enough parents who are suicide loss survivors)
- Parents who live in or near Washington DC, Colorado (Yes, the whole state), Columbus OH. Or a parent close enough to drive to one of those cities/areas.
They plan to interview this parent about:
- How they felt in this situation and where they got support
- What they think parents in this situation should know
- What they wish someone had told them
- What they have learned
- Suggestions for what to do and say to their child
- How to support their child
- Where to access resources or how to think about quality care
If you can help with this project and help another parent struggling with this issue, please click the blue button below and fill out the google form. There is no compensation and the videos will be professionally produced.
For healthcare and behavioral healthcare systems dedicated to improving patient safety, Zero Suicide presents an aspirational challenge and practical framework for system-wide transformation toward safer suicide care.