After many requests, I finally wrote up these questions for book clubs. If you want me to attend your club (by zoom right now). Use this contact form.
The download is at the end of all the questions.
Book Club Questions for Diary of a Broken Mind: A Mother’s Story, a Son’s Suicide and the Haunting Lyrics He Left Behind?
- What were your impressions on the writing style of this memoir? Was it different from other books you’ve read?
- What did you already know about depression, addiction, and suicide before you read this book? What aspects could you relate to?
- If you were Charles’s mom, is there anything you would have done differently?
- Did Charles’s music lyrics fill in any blanks you might have had about how sufferers of addiction, mental illness, and suicide feel? Do you think that those feelings he expressed are universal?
- Are there lingering questions from Diary of a Broken Mind that you’re still thinking about?
- How honest do you think Anne Moss was about her family’s story? How was it different from Charles’s point of view?
- The themes of this book– addiction, grief, mental illness, and suicide are difficult. What different feelings did the book evoke?
- Did you race to the end of this book, or was it more of a slow burn?
- Was there a favorite chapter or song in the book?
- Did Diary of a Broken Mind alter your opinion or change your perspective of mental illness and addiction, suicide or grief? If so, how?