If you or someone you know is drinking a lot and you wonder if it’s too much. It doesn’t appear they are physically addicted but could they be emotionally addicted? Not sure? You can always take the 7-day D.E.C.I.D.E.
Here are the gray area drinking points she covers:
1. What is gray area drinking?
2. What are the stressors that drive the behavior?
3. What are the limiting beliefs?
4. Questioning the Drink
5. Thoughts and Emotions
6. How to think Through the Drink
7. What happens when you want to address your own gray area drinking but your partner does not?
8. The benefits of questioning the drink
9. Why quitting isn’t necessarily the answer for all and why it’s a choice to drink for gray-area drinkers
10. The SABER flow – my #1 tool that I use for myself and with clients. How to use it and why it works!
S for stop
A for Acknowledge the thoughts
B is for Breathe
E is Embrace
R is redirect
You can find Kari Schwear at Gray Tonic.