Current Richmond, VA safeTALK trainngs by me are listed here.
January 25, 2020 in Richmond, VA. Details here.
SafeTALK is a half-day (4-hour) training program that teaches participants to recognize and engage persons who might be having thoughts of suicide and connect them with community resources trained in suicide intervention. SafeTALK stresses safety while challenging taboos that inhibit open talk about suicide.
An ASIST-trained resource or other community support resource will be at this training. The ‘safe’ of safeTALK stands for ‘suicide alertness for everyone’. The ‘TALK’ letters stand for the practice actions that one does to help those with thoughts of suicide: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe.Program Objectives
After training, participants in the safeTALK program should be able to:
- Challenge attitudes that inhibit open talk about suicide.
- Recognize a person who might be having thoughts of suicide.
- Engage them in direct and open talk about suicide.
- Listen to the person’s feelings about suicide to show that they are taken seriously.
- Move quickly to connect them with someone trained in suicide intervention
Anne Moss Rogers will be the trainer and this 4-hour (half day) safeTALK by Living Works Education is hosted by Emotionally Naked LLC and paid for by the nonprofit, Runway 2 Life.
CEUs are available for clinicians.
I went to Canada for the training and learned from one of the original program creators.