Atheists in Recovery podcast addresses the spiritual and scientific belief systems of people in long term recovery in order to deconstruct limiting thought patterns, and introduce new behaviors and routines you can use. It is hosted by my friend Adina Sylvestri, the founder at Life Cycles Counseling with 14 years of counseling experience.
She specializes in treating women with substance abuse issues, individuals struggling with anger management, and helping children who have experienced trauma lead full and healthy lives.
This podcast features Tom Bannard, CADC, MBA, the Program Coordinator for Rams in Recovery at Virginia Commonwealth University. Tom is a Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor and has spent most of his career working in homeless services at CARITAS. A person in long-term recovery, Tom is an advocate for people in recovery or who are struggling with a substance use disorder.
What you’ll learn:
- What does recovery look like -and it’s not just about abstaining from drugs and alcohol
- 3 Pillars of Recovery (community, growth, and service)
- Mass Incarceration and Drug Use Policy
- Stigma as a barrier to accessing treatment and recovery
- Family Education Program @ NorthStar Community
- AA (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- NA (Narcotics Anonymous)
- SMART Recovery
- Tom’s Most Influential Books are: Recovery Rising, The New Jim Crow, Chasing The Scream
- Rams in Recovery/Recovery.vcu.edu
- RamsinRecovery Facebook Page
- Atheists in Recovery Giveaway
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list.
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one
- Subscribe on ITUNES