Beacon Tree Foundation, a nonprofit founded by Tom and Diana Leahy for the purpose of supporting youth mental health and suicide prevention. Our annual fundraiser, a cocktail party and youth concert.
The event is Saturday, April 28, 2019 at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, VA. Tickets are $50 each. And we need to pack the house because the event is paid for already and all ticket sales and donations go straight to help kids.
We help pay for psychological evaluations and treatment not covered by insurance or medicaid for Virginia youth 21 and under.
Counselors and caseworkers submit the applications on behalf of patients.
And here’s the thing. If fundraising and ticket sales have not gone well, we have to be picky and turn down applications. Who do you think they come to when their application is rejected? You guessed it. Me.
Let me tell you how much I love explaining and re-rejecting applications. I’d rather amputate my own toes. If the world has billions to support rebuilding of a cathedral called Notre Dame, I am confident we have enough in the area to support treatment for an 8-year-old who is hearing voices that tell him to kill himself. And yes, that is an application we have gotten.
So if you are in Richmond, VA, please join and support us by attending and buying a ticket for youth suffering mental illness.
If you were to donate, what would it pay for?
- $25 a month donation equals $300 a year which would pay for a child to make several visits to a counselor
- $35 a month donation would be $450 and pay for 6-10 weeks of in-home therapy
- $50 a month donation would equal $600 and cover a co-pay for insurance and that child’s appointments would be covered for the rest of the year
- $100 per month donation would be $1,200 and pay for a parent/child evaluation which is one of the most comprehensive evaluations I’ve ever seen and helps the whole family make the necessary adjustments to support a child with mental illness
- $200 per month donation would equal $2,400 per year and support mental health treatment for two children
Many of you have bought a memorial brick, bought a ticket, made a donation, or sponsored. Thank you!