Getting Comfortable with an Uncomfortable Conversation- Breaking the silence on mental illness and suicide
Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
Millwood School – Robinson Hall
15100 Millwood School Lane
Midlothian, VA 23112
This is a community event! This presentation is about my journey to healing by dragging an unpopular topic into the spotlight, how parents can discern normal teen behavior from mental illness, the transitions that can cause problems for teens, and strategies for helping children build resilience.
• What are the signs of suicide and how does someone ask
• What is normal teenage angst and what is cause for concern
• What kids are vulnerable to suicidal thoughts
• What life transitions can trigger teens who are vulnerable
• Strategies for helping kids build resilience
What do I want the audience to do?
Have the tough conversations with their friends and family to erase mental health stigma
My TEDx VIDEO