Many of you will balk.
Some of you may even claim there are not three good things about yourself. So for those of you who struggle the most with this kind of thing, I want you to dig the deepest. Ask someone else if you need to.
But there are three things. And today I want you to list them. It’s not bragging if I’m asking you.
So since I started this, I’ll go first. Here goes.
- I am persistent in reaching my goals – I don’t give up easily, I am OK with being bold and sticking my neck out.
- I am passionate – And I love working with others who are, too.
- I am loyal – Almost to a fault. When my hair stylist, Marshall, contracted AIDS, I stuck with him. Apparently, I was the only client who did. He was the most thoughtful, kind person and I just could not abandon him and his death hit me hard.
So now your turn. It never hurts to give yourself a little love.
Start the day with what you are grateful for
Anne Moss Rogers
I am an emotionally naked mental health speaker, and author of the Book, Diary of a Broken Mind and co-author with Kim O'Brien PhD, LICSW of Emotionally Naked: A Teacher's Guide to Preventing Suicide and Recognizing Students at Risk. I raised two boys, Richard and Charles, and lost my younger son, Charles to addiction and suicide on June 5, 2015. I help people foster a culture of connection to prevent suicide, reduce substance misuse and find life after loss. My motivational mental health keynotes, training and workshop topics include suicide prevention, addiction, mental illness, anxiety, coping strategies/resilience, and grief.
As talented and funny as Charles was, letting other people know they matter was his greatest gift. And now the legacy I try and carry forward in my son's memory.
Mental Health Speakers Website. Trained in ASIST and trainer for the evidence-based 4-hour training for everyone called safeTALK.
View all posts by Anne Moss Rogers
23 thoughts on “Tell me three positive things about yourself”
1. Fighter in the inside and outside
3. Warm hearted towards people
Love your sense of humor Tammy!
I’m an awesome dog mom and will always adopt a rescue dog and never go to a breeder. I’m very passionate about animal rescue.
I’m incredibly organized. I know where everything is in my house, where all important papers are and I never loose things. This comes in handy if I ever have to instruct someone where things are located.
My house is always clean. Need a place to crash or want to come for a visit, my home is always ready for guests.
Wow. I love those. I love love love organized people and appreciate that gift so much.
Awesome topic! Let’s see…
1) BIG heart
3) good writer
I have to admit thinking of 3 was harder than I thought it’d be.. 🤨
But it’s true. You are, after all a NEDA guest columnist now!
1) Have a mission to help others since my injury/ptsd.
2) Enjoy meeting people.
3) I love taking photographs.
And a great connector! Thank you Caroline
Let’s see… I’m funny. (At least that’s what I’m told). I’m committed. I do my absolute best to see things through, even when times are extremely dire and stressful. I am beyond loyal. If you are my friend, I will go to the mat for you every time. And, being that loyal means I take betrayal hard.
And you are damn funny. I love that. You actually have reminded me of charles sense of humor a few times.
I have a good heart, making people laugh or helping people. I am not selfish, thinking/doing for others. I am a good mom, loving all 4 of my children unconditionally, through the good and bad (I kick into high gear and very passionate and supportive re: mental health issues etc) Yes, I did have to go ask my husband and son.
And that’s ok yo ask others. Thank you for doing the exercise. You are those things.
I have the heart of a servant.
I live boldly, not worrying about what others think.
I am generous
I concur especially with the second one, Sherry. Thank you.
1. I am funny.
2. I’m stubborn and resilient.
3. I love others deeply.
You are all those things and more.
4). SO loved by others! 🙂 wonderful friend
1. I really love my family very much. I love that we can stay together in good times and in bad, that I learn can learn from them.
2. I love to laugh. I can be really silly and have a great group of girlfriends. I don’t judge them or anyone.
3. I am determined to develop a better future by helping people when I see them struggling. Not for the credit, simply for the love.
Thank you Stephanie. I know it’s been hard since the loss of your brother. These are good.
1. I am determined to be my best self, in all areas of my life.
2. If I choose you as my family, I am all in.
3. I will always believe in love over hate.
I love these, Jamie.
1. I love my family and many others unconditionally.
2. I look for the good in others and try to look past the shortcomings.
3. I get involved — I struggle when I see injustice.
Thank you Maureen for starting this off. You get a gold star for going first.