Tickets are sold out for the TEDx Women’s event in Richmond, VA.
The TEDx team is encouraging individuals, groups and organizations to host viewing parties to watch the LiveStream of TEDxGraceStreetWomen. Hosting a viewing party is your opportunity to rally your community and start conversations, applying the talks to this year’s theme: “Showing Up.” The event will be able to be live-streamed directly from our website. Go to our homepage on the day of the event and view from your computer.
You don’t have to be in Richmond to hold this event. So if you’re up to it, support women’s ideas worth spreading by hosting a viewing party either locally or out of town.
There is no fee but they do want you to stream the entire event, 9am-1pm.
There is an impressive line up of speakers including a former Olympic athlete who bravely pursued the challenge of breaking into winter sports and became the first African Bobsled driver to qualify and lead a team from Nigeria to the Winter Olympic Games 2018 in Pyeongchang.
Jobie is a licensed preservation architect who is preserving history and slave houses. Julia is a trauma survivor who has made her experience her gift. Lindsey Averill & Viridiana Lieberman are independent filmmakers who created the documentary Fatitude and Angie is a molecular biologist who is doing some interesting work with wine. And Kim Drew Right, founder of Liberal Women in Chesterfield, and attracted international attention. And that’s the just the women from last month’s workshop.
Note from the Speaker Selection Committee on the Viewing Parties
TEDxGraceStreetWomen sold out very quickly! We have had several inquiries about our Viewing Parties.
Please feel free to forward / share the following information with any friend, family member, and your professional networks. We welcome any viewing party near or far. We want as many people as possible to be able to watch your talk!
Details of the event:
- Saturday, December 8th
- The LiveStream begins at 9:00 AM sharp
- A short break at 10:30
- Event ends at 1:00 PM
If there is interest in hosting a Viewing Party, it’s easy, here’s what to do:
- Find general Viewing Party info on our website.
- Complete our online Registration Form with details of the host location.
- A Viewing Party toolkit will soon follow the completed registration form. The toolkit contains a printable poster, tips on how to promote your location, etc.
- Registered Viewing Parties will be listed on our website.
- Hosts will be emailed a direct LiveStream link the day before the event. In addition, the LiveStream link will also be posted to our website home page on the morning of the event.
FYI— We have already contacted most Richmond based museums, universities (VCU, UofR main campus and downtown campus, and VSU), libraries, etc.