Because I give so many presentations on the topic of mental illness, addiction and suicide, I have engaged in many training sessions to become more educated on evidence-based practices.
So now I’ve added Youth Mental Health First Aid. Thank you Kathy Harkey at NAMI Central Virginia who provides training on a number of mental health and suicide prevention trainings in Central Virginia. Most of you can also take these trainings and there are also certified peer support trainings for both mental illness and Substance Use Disorder. The latter would be for those with lived experience.
Here are my current certifications
- Youth Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health First Aid
- ASIST Training– Applied Suicide Intervention- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a 2-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid
- Preventure– A personality-targeted life skills training for youth that has been shown to reduce drug and alcohol use in schools by up to 80% at 4-year follow up
- REVIVE! Training– Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Education on how to recognize and respond to an opioid overdose emergency with the administration of naloxone (Narcan®)
- Trauma-Informed Care Basics
- SAFEtalk suicide prevention training
- Certified Interesting Person