Give this video just 51 seconds of your time. I am so sorry you feel so badly you are looking up how to hang yourself. My son, Charles, looked up this phrase, too.
He suffered from depression and an addiction to heroin and died by suicide. People who were hurting as much as you are have told me the videos below helped them. They are from my son’s hurting soul.
I miss him every single day. If you comment below, I will answer.
Please tell someone. Please talk to someone. Because suicidal thoughts are treatable.
If you are a teen or young adult, several have used this guide to figure out how to tell a parent or loved one you want to die. For the Teen Contemplating Suicide and Looking for the Strength to Reach Out. I hope you will use it. It takes courage to reach out for help.
For youth and adults How to tell someone I want to kill myself
U.S. Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255. U.S. Crisis text line text 741741
Reach out the the crisis text line through Facebook
The best part about communication with this crisis line over Facebook is that your information is encrypted and anonymized, so you can rest assured that even your Facebook conversations with this service is confidential and secure. They won’t have access to your profile or other identifying information, so they’ll only know what you tell them – nothing more!
Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Chat for the Deaf or Hearing impaired or use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 1-800-273-8255.
United Kingdom 116 123
Australia 13 11 14
Crisis Text Lines
US and Canada: text 741741
Everyone who has done the dunking of the face in ice-cold water had told me it worked to alleviate the crisis (some said they had to do it at least twice.)
Highly recommended book. Click the book picture to get your free Kindle version. $4.99 in paperback in the USA. If you are in another country, go to your amazon and paste “How to Not Kill Yourself: A Personal Guide for Embracing Life.”
- Free Book (kindle version) in USA: How to Not Kill Yourself: A Personal Guide for Embracing Life
- Emergency emotional rescue strategies
- Why should I stay alive when I want to kill myself? by Anna Wieder
- This comment is from Graham in the UK who is a Dad and has children. He visited this page one day because he felt as you do now. He survived and this is how he survived. Maybe it will help you.
- My Suicide Safety Plan (source: Dr. Tracey Marks)
- Suicide Safety Plan Template
- Book for suicidal persons recommended by a licensed counselor, Karla Helbert, LPC: How I Stayed Alive When My Brain Was Trying to Kill Me: One Person’s Guide to Suicide Prevention
- Book self-help for men: Guts, Grit & The Grind: A MENtal Mechanics MANual: Basic Mechanics
- Self-help: Self-harm safety box
- eBook: Free pdf. Suicide, the Forever Decision
USA Crisis Text 741-741
US Crisis Line for LGBTQ Youth 1-866-488-7386
US Crisis Text for LGBTQ Youth 678-678
USA TransLifeline 1-833-456-4566
United Kingdom Samaritans 116 123
Australia Crisis Line 13 11 14
Canada Crisis Line 1-833-456-4566
Canada TransLifeline 877-330-6366
International suicide hotlines