Give this video just 51 seconds of your time.
I am so sorry you feel so badly you are looking up how to hang yourself. My son, Charles, looked up this phrase, too.
He suffered from depression and an addiction to heroin and died by suicide. People who were hurting as much as you are have told me the videos below helped them. They are from my son’s hurting soul.
I miss him every single day.
Please tell someone. Please talk to someone. Because suicidal thoughts are treatable.
If you are a teen or young adult, several have used this guide to figure out how to tell a parent or loved one you want to die. For the Teen Contemplating Suicide and Looking for the Strength to Reach Out. I hope you will use it. It takes courage to reach out for help.
For youth and adults How to tell someone I want to kill myself
U.S. Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255. U.S. Crisis text line text 741741
United Kingdom 116 123
Australia 13 11 14
Crisis Text Lines
US and Canada: text 741741
This comment is from Graham in the UK who is a Dad and has children. He visited this page one day because he felt as you do now. He survived and this is how he survived. Maybe it will help you.
- Other Resources:
- Why should I stay alive when I want to kill myself? by Anna Wieder
- My Suicide Safety Plan (source: Dr. Tracey Marks)
- Suicide Safety Plan Template
- Template of a letter to oneself to prevent suicide– Self-help coping strategy
- Book for suicidal persons recommended by a licensed counselor, Karla Helbert, LPC: How I Stayed Alive When My Brain Was Trying to Kill Me: One Person’s Guide to Suicide Prevention
- Book self-help for men: Guts, Grit & The Grind: A MENtal Mechanics MANual: Basic Mechanics
- eBook: Free pdf. Suicide, the Forever Decision