Steven Boyd, producer/director, for Henrico County TV filmed this video focused on suicide loss survivors and suicide attempt survivors and how we can prevent suicide. It’s very well done.
In this video:
Suicide and Mental Health Facts
- Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in the US
- In Virginia, suicide is the second leading cause of death for 10-24 year olds
- Every 8 hours, a person dies by suicide in Virginia
- Thirty percent of LGBTQ people have attempted suicide in the past year
- Virginia ranks 46th for treating childhood mental illness and 49th for treating childhood major depression
What’s a teen to do?