From February 1, 2016 – October 24, 2016
With your help, the posts on this blog have reached hundreds of thousands since February 1, 2016. There are some backdated posts I entered in here from Facebook prior to that date but 02/1/2016 is when I launched it.
I get messages, letters, phone calls and I do know at least 11 people have literally reached out for treatment for addiction, mental illness and suicidal thoughts. I don’t know how many others.
Countless other parents and young adults have found a support group for grief, mental illness or addiction on our resources page.
This is so you know how powerful your sharing is
All stats are from Feb 1, 2016-Oct 24, 2016
- 364 posts have been written (OK so this part is my obsession)
- 138,386 people reached since Feb 1 2016! (This is what you’ve accomplished)
- 64,767 total shares in social media (Thank you!)
- 180,120 pages viewed
- 538 visitors per day to this site is average
- 10,500 visitors per month is average (October is trending a bit higher)
- 761 comments by you– I read each and every comment. Other people read them as well. I don’t always reply to them because my name shows up in “recent comments” and I don’t want people to see my comment, I want them to see YOUR comments because they are so vitally important to others visiting the site. They make others feel less alone.
- Most traffic in s single month was May 2016 with 61,000 visitors
- Most traffic in a single day was 13,000
- Most shares on one blog post 5,000
- Second most shares on one blog post 4,000
- These are some of the letters I have gotten (a mere fraction)
Age of readers
45-54 year old women are the most dedicated followers and are top commenters and get the newsletter. But as you can see we touch a lot of groups proving that mental illness, addiction and suicide touches a lot of lives
- Almost 20% of the audience here is 18-25. These are some of the colleges that are visiting the site–everywhere from California to Florida and the East coast
It’s about an 80/20 split female to male audience. Would love to reach more males as they don’t get much support in grief or with mental illness. And they are the group that dies by suicide the most.
These are the countries that have been reached
And the cities
41% from Virginia and the rest rank as you see below.
How you read and share these posts
- 69% of you read from your mobile phone
- 19% from desktop computer
- 11% from tablet (e.g. iPad)
By myself, I wouldn’t be able to reach 10% of this crowd. Together, we are kicking butt, showing our support for a cause that has always been swept under the run and erasing shame as it relates to mental illness, addiction, and suicide. Even grief. It takes guts to share these on your Facebook pages. Your boldness is saving lives and showing human compassion.
Thank you for being on the team. Geeky lesson has ended.