September is suicide awareness month.
For my Facebook LIVE event on Sunday, September 11 from 6:30pm-7pm, I’d like to have a 18-28 year old suicide attempt survivor join me to talk about what he/she went through and offer a message that raises awareness and inspires hope.
I consulted with a board member at the Virginia Chapter of the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention for the guidelines below in finding this person.
Here’s what I’m Looking For
- Male or female, age 18-28. It can be two people although we will be crowded. But I’m up for it.
- A suicide attempt survivor who has not had an attempt in 2 years
- Lives in Richmond VA or close enough to be willing to drive to my house to do the event
- Sunday, September 11, 6:30pm-7pm
- I will provide an outline days prior to the event and we will have a conversation in person or by phone so you are comfortable. More than one if you like
- I will be next to you
- A survivor who has used a combined approach of therapy and medication, exercise and an overall healthy approach
- You have to feel like you are ready to speak out, provide hope for all the other parents of kids with mental illness as well as teens and young adults struggling with suicidal ideation
- Here is an example of a past Facebook LIVE event looks like
This might be a long shot to think I am going to find someone willing to do this and if it is, I will plan something else!
If you are interested, please use this contact form to let me know and include your email and mobile phone number. Or you can leave a comment. If you are not sure and want to discuss, I am open to that as well.
For Sunday, September 25, Shirley Ramsey from American Foundation of Suicide Prevention (AFSP) will be joining me on Facebook LIVE for, “Could suicide happen in your family? What are the signs?”